2021 CD project
I hope the extended deadlines and reduced fees applied to our annual CD project have made it a little easier to consider participating during this weird and troubling year. With the first deadline a couple of weeks out, I want to remind group members who plan to participate and be available for anyone who is still on the fence about the project. The goal is to be inclusive and easy to work with. See the updated fees and deadlines below.
If it’s just not going to work this year and you can’t participate, that’s OK.
If you’ve already sent your $75 duping-participation fee, please contact Mike Hickman (email@example.com, 512-785-2132 ) about scheduling studio time.
If you plan to put a song on the CD but haven’t sent your $75 check or money order, make it out to John Hayes, 101 Daggette Dr., Buena Vista, PA 15018.
By June 30, either submit your $75 duping-participation fee or make a partial payment and discuss further arrangements. Your fee or submitted parts thereof are fully refundable if things change or your change your mind before your first recording session.
Scroll down for more.
– Please send an email message to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have an interest in putting a song on the CD. The message isn’t binding, but it gives us an idea of participation.
– Duping-participation fee is reduced to $75 (was $100). By July 1 the fee, or first payment on the fee, should be sent to me (John Hayes, 101 Daggette Dr., Buena Vista, PA 15018) or paid to producer Mike Hickman (email@example.com) at the studio. Accepted in increments if necessary, but the reduced fee must be paid in full before the CD is mastered or the song will not appear on the CD. Full reimbursement if requested before the participant’s first recording session. Anyone who has already paid the original $100 fee will be credited $25.
– The group recording fee is reduced to $25 for each of the first 3 hours, $35 for each additional hour (was $30-$40). Payable to Mike, and payment arrangements will be accepted.
– The group will pay for the first hour of each participant’s recording time, valued at $25.
– New schedule:
June 30 Duping Fee or first payment on duping fee.
July 31 First Session Deadline.
Sept. 25 Recording Deadline.
– As always participants can record their songs however they want. Members who would like to participate but are on a tight budget are encouraged to talk with Mike about how to record their song in a way they can afford