New Meeting and Open Stage Venue! Sept. 4th, 2018
With the priorities of continuing to link Pittsburgh Songwriters Circle with a safe, centrally located open stage, the group has landed at the site of the hottest open stage in town.
Starting Tue., Sept. 4, the Circle moves to Hambone’s. Located about a half-mile from Bloomfield Bridge Tavern, the bar and restaurant is on the main drag of trendy Lawrenceville. Across the street is a public parking lot and bus stop, with additional street parking.
Here are the details:
– The group will continue to meet on first Tuesdays. The first meeting at the new location starts at 7 p.m. Sept. 4
– Meetings will end shortly before 9 p.m. and cannot run longer. All tables and chairs have to be back in place by 9 p.m. If a meeting ends before a member has workshopped a song, we’ll begin with that person the following month.
– There will be no featured performances following the Circle meetings.
– Chet Vincent (firstname.lastname@example.org) hosts Hambone’s first-Tuesday open stage. Signups start at 7 p.m., open stage starts at 9 p.m.
– Hambone’s and Chet have been more than welcoming, and we’ve been invited to hold our meetings at Hambone’s at no charge. Please patronize the venue with the purchase of food or drink.
The reason for the move is Club Cafe’s change of format. The venue is phasing out most of its shows featuring Pittsburgh artists to be a full-time concert venue. Manager Dave Romano said existing local bookings will be honored, including The Acoustic Guitar Project performance featuring members of Pittsburgh Songwriters Circle on Nov. 30.
The album project is winding down with the Recording Deadline Aug. 31. Don’t expect ample recording time to be available during the last couple of weeks. If you need more time in the studio call producer Mike Hickman now at 512-785-2132.
The Credits Text Deadline is Fri., Aug. 24. It supports the Graphic Design deadline and insures that your song’s credits will appear accurately on the CD insert. Don’t forget any of your studio musicians — call them to make sure you spell their names correctly. Print space may be tight. Here’s the credits text format:
“The Song” by Bob Brown (ASCAP, BMI)
Bob Brown: vocal, guitar. Steve Smith: guitar, vocal. Michael Hickman: bass, drums, vocal.
Please email your credits to this address.
Again this year Venture Outdoors has invited Pittsburgh Songwriters Circle to play at a fishing event held on the North Shore wharf under the Clemente Bridge in the shadow of PNC Park, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wed., Sept. 26. Participants can perform for as long or as short of a time as they want. No pay. Venture Outdoors will give participants kayak passes or trip vouchers (Venture Outdoors is at ventureoutdoors.org).
Questions about our move? The CD? The gig? Anything? Please reply at this address or call me at 412-335-1446.
See you Sept. 4 at Hambone’s,