Western PA Songwriters Network/NSAI Pittsburgh February 10 meeting
1. February 10 Meeting
2. Daniel Blake at April meeting
3. Seeking pedal steel instructor
1. FEBRUARY 10 MEETING
Our next monthly meeting is Sunday, February 10, at Saint Paul’s United Methodist Church in Allison Park. Please see the driving directions below, and/or Google the included address.
Meeting time is 6:30pm to 9:00pm.
~ Meeting Activities ~
We have a two-part workshop planned for this month:
a. Karl Brandt will present a song he wrote that has six different topics he could pursue. We’ll help him decide which topic the song is about and have a discussion on how you determine that.
b. Favorite Songs, part 2. This is a continuation from our January meeting. Bring in a recording (and lyrics if you like) of your favorite song. It could be your own song but most people are bringing in other people’s songs. First priority will go to people who missed the January meeting.
Song critiques will follow. You can present your song on a CD, computer, smartphone, or play it live. Please bring at least 10 copies of the lyrics.
You do not need to be an NSAI member to attend our meetings. Bring yourself, bring a friend, bring your guitar or keyboard. We are a self-supporting group, and for that reason, we suggest a donation of $5.
St. Paul’s United Methodist Church — 1965 Ferguson Rd, Allison Park, PA 15101
From the North. Get on Route 19 South at Cranberry
1. Follow Rt 19S through Wexford and merge onto U.S. 19 Trk/McKnight Road -1.9 mi
2. Turn left at Duncan Ave (1 or 2 lights after the Outback Steakhouse)- 1.3 mi
3. Here’s the tricky part. On Duncan, with the Sunoco station on your left, cross over Thompson Run Road (slight right), go between Bellisario’s and the Exxon station. This is where Duncan Ave turns into Ferguson.
4. Continue on Ferguson Rd. St. Paul’s is on the left – 0.5 mi
From Downtown Pittsburgh on Rt. 279N
1. North on I-279 – 3.9 mi
2. Take exit 4 and merge onto McKnight Rd – 4.9 mi
3. Turn right onto Peebles Rd (McIntyre Square Mall is on the right, Borders Books is on the left side of the road) – Go 1.1 mi
5. Turn right at Duncan Ave – 0.4 mi
6. Here’s the tricky part. On Duncan, with the Sunoco station on your left, cross over Thompson Run Road (slight right), go between Bellisario’s and the Exxon station. This is where Duncan Ave turns into Ferguson.
7. Continue onto Ferguson Rd. St. Paul’s is on the left – 0.5 mi
Meetings are held in the main body of the church in the New Horizons Room. Enter through Genesis Hall, first room on the left
2. DANIEL BLAKE AT APRIL MEETING
Mark your calendars. Daniel Blake, mixer, producer and songwriter, will be our guest speaker at our April 14 meeting. https://www.facebook.com/DanielBlakeProduction/
3. SEEKING PEDAL STEEL INSTRUCTOR
I got a request for a pedal steel instructor in the Pittsburgh area. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
David Michael King, Coordinator 412-498-6360